Monday, February 18, 2013

Hungary for Valentine's Day

HUNGARY, yes I am. 
This was our choice for week 2, and more specifically on Valentine's day.
We went with the most common known Hungarian housewife meal to make: Goulash.
This is a hardy soup, almost close to a stew.The women of Hungary always make this soup there own with ingredients they personally prefer, so I do like I usually do and looked at several recipes and made it my own. As a budget cut I replaced the beef (which is wicked expensive in Norway) with pork and it still turned out amazing.
How Goulash is supposed to look like. Got the recipe from http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/hungariansoups/r/gulyasleves.htm
but added for example bay leaves

My soup
Tasted great
Because it was Valentine's I had to make the meal somewhat more special than the everyday meal. Last year my husband made me a surprise three course meal when I came home from work, so this year it was my turn to spoil him. So, I created "Couple's Cafe", and idea I got from a great dating site called Dating Divas (http://www.thedatingdivas.com/). 

The Table at Couple's Cafe

The menu 

The Check I gave him after dinner.
Couple's Cafe made the whole night special. He had to pay back with kisses and foot rubs during the whole evening. Of course I gave him a back rub too.

1 comment: