Thursday, August 30, 2012

Countdown

Only ONE day left until my husband will return from Tanzania. He has been gone for 5 weeks...which is forever for us that are used to spend every second possible together as best friend. I am running around trying to prepare a perfect homecoming for him with a new dinner menu we have never tried (steak with mole sauce (chocolate chili sauce), fried eggplants, cornbread, spelt pearls salad with zucchini and a unique sauce with peanut, sesame, soy flavors) and I have to say it is hard to find tomatillos in a country where nobody has every heard of them. I have cleaned the whole house, organized, and decorated, bought him a gift and planned activities. I want him to be excited to come home. Even though I am doing this extra effort when he has been gone for a longer time, I still try to make his homecoming in the everyday life special as well. Home should always be a positive place that you want to come back to. So I have learned that I can definitely complain about my day to him, but you shouldn't attack your spouse right when I comes in the door, wait a while. Our rules in our marriage means the world to me... we don't give 50/50 to each other, that is probably an 'ok' life, but we strive to always give a 100%. If we both do this we have noticed we will have a happy marriage. 
Here's us watering the grass around us on our honeymoon in Thailand.
We have just walked over a thousand steps (steep) staircase together.




1 comment: